Sunday, July 29, 2012

BBU with Squirrel and Scout

For the first time in many months, I finally managed to make it to a Sunday morning TMR run at Bradbury! Hurray! Ian, Brenda, Linda D., Rick, Mindy, Val and I showed up. Everyone had their own ideas for their morning run, so it was just Mindy, Val and I who set off to run the mountain side of the BBU course. I wanted to get in 10 miles, and that portion of the course was perfect - my Garmin was reading 10.09 when we got back to the parking lot.

We had a great time chatting as we ran along. It was fun to catch up with them both on their VT experiences. The miles ticked on by. We ran a mellow pace, walking a lot of the big uphills, which was fine with me, as I was still feeling pretty stuffed up, although I thankfully was feeling a bit more energetic than I had been over the past few days. It was incredibly humid out, and I was soaked pretty quickly. I should have brought my Nathan pack so as to have the option of more fluids, but for some reason, had decided to just bring my handheld. Oh well. The deer flies were also terrible! Yuck. They were everywhere, and showed no mercy, swarming all around us. Isn't it time for them to be gone yet?! Other than that, it was a great run with friends. The BBU course is a fun one, but it is going to be tough! Good hill training though :-)

Ryan and Sam had come over to take a little walk and get in some playground time while we were out running, so they met us at the end of the run. After a quick change, we all headed to Edna & Lucy's for a yummy lunch. A good Sunday morning for sure! Thanks for a good run, guys!

1 comment:

mindy said...

So psyched you are feeling better and that we got to run together. Sounds like we missed the rain, too (it's been raining all day in Scarborough). Great run!