Monday, July 9, 2012

Home Sweet Home (and a lot of photos)

First of all, a big congrats to the newlyweds, Jamie and Kate Anderson! Everybody had a great time at the wedding last night, and it was so much fun to see how happy Jamie and Kate looked together :-) Not to mention, we were surrounded by friends, it was a gorgeous day, the wedding was in a gorgeous spot, and there was much talking, laughing, drinking and dancing done last night. It doesn't get any better!

Here are just a few photos from the wedding (courtesy of Christine via Facebook):
The happy couple

Trail Monsters!

Goofy us :-)

Although I really enjoyed the evening, I was definitely ready to come home this morning, whether Ryan in his hungover state was ready to be up bright and early or not :-) I know Sam had a great time with my parents, but I missed her! However, I am so thankful that she was good for them while we were away, and that they were good enough to watch her all weekend-long so we could go to the wedding. We are very lucky! Thanks Mom and Dad!

Here are some photos of Sam from the past few days with Neenie and Pippi (looks like she didn't have any fun, right?! ;-) ):

Cousins at Kettle Cove

Getting a ride with Pippi at Crystal Spring Farms

Bubbles!

Low tide walk at Wolfe's Neck

At Cook's Lobster House

Outside Cook's

"Skipping" rocks

We got home in time for lunch and to catch up with Mom and Dad before they took off. Then Sam took a nap, Ryan caught up on some work and I headed out for my run. By that time, it was 1:15 and I was feeling the effects of a late night last night, too little food the past few days (the big omelette at Dysart's aside) and too little water. I honestly didn't drink anything other than the one cocktail Peter bought me last night (thanks, Peter!), so that wasn't it. All of that, plus the heat and a bit of stress from thoughts of this week's upcoming events (ear tube operation for Sam on Wednesday, Scuffling, Ryan's great uncle's memorial service and the travel and logistics involved, etc), made for a bit of a sluggish 4.25 miles, but hey, I got it in. 

After Sam woke up, I really wanted us to go outside and do something fun, so we decided on a short walk down to the shore at the Skofield Shores Preserve in Harpswell. The sun was warm, but there was a nice breeze and we had the small beach to ourselves. It was a quick trip but a lot of fun!

Walking along the dirt road at the Skofield Shores Preserve, Harpswell

Sam and I

Blue skies, marsh grasses and ocean

Picking seaweed :-)



No comments: