Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Blueberries and Blackberries, oh my!

Snuck in a short 3 miler this morning before heading up to work. It was hot, but there was a breeze. I stopped to pick some delicious blueberries and sweet blackberries along the powerlines, and as I stood there enjoying them, it got me to thinking that, you know, I really should stop whining. Life is pretty sweet. I am healthy. I am loved. I have friends and family who care and worry about me. I have a daughter to give me kisses, and a husband to do the same. I can run. I can stop and pick fresh berries along my running route. Sometimes it is hard to see the forest for the trees, but life always offers us reminders to look up and see the big picture. And so, with that, time to snap out of the funk and get on with it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where's the like button!

Ann

mindy said...

So jealous of your berry runs - sounds delicious!!!