Sunday, June 3, 2012

Test Run

Despite the deluge that had turned our backyard into a lake, not to mention the continued rain and wind during the morning hours, I was determined to get out for my test run. I figured the Bowdoin fields and trails were no doubt flooded, as was everything else, so I just decided that I would lace up my shoes (using Emma's fancy technique to keep the pressure off the top of my foot - thanks Emma!) and head out the door and across the street. I had originally planned to walk a bit before starting my run, but in this weather, well, I just wasn't feeling it, so I hit the pavement running (slowly, of course!). The foot held up for the whole 2 mile loop - hurray!!!!! - although my legs felt awfully creaky! I stuck to the very water-logged grass when I could, but otherwise ran on the pavement. I was only out for 18:50 so there couldn't have been too much pounding. In fact, it was probably better than trying to jump and dodge the inevitable lakes along the trails. Anyway, I came home a very wet, but very happy, lady! I would call the run a definitely success and although I realize that only time will tell, I am certainly hopeful at this point!

I'm going in to see Dr. Jamie tomorrow, and am hoping he can help me work out the tightness in my right shin and the upper part of my IT band/joint below my hip. If the foot holds up, and I can work the tightness out, I think I will be back on track! Keeping my fingers crossed!!

3 comments:

Scout said...

Sounds like you passed the test :D Bet a wet run never felt better!

unstrung said...

Hurrah!!!

Jeremy Bonnett said...

OH hell yeah!! Fantastic! So happy for you to be on your feet again.