Friday, June 1, 2012

Not Much

OK, so I just got a text from my mother-in-law... She said, you haven't posted since Monday, is everything OK? Ha! Guess it's time for an update :-) Sorry, Irene! No need to worry... The reason I haven't been posting is, well, there isn't much happening... When I'm running, there is always something to talk about! But since I haven't been running, there isn't a whole lot of import to report. Let's see. What have I been up to? Hmmm... the quick report from this week is pretty much this: I've had two massages (ahhh!), my parents have been visiting, work has been busy, Sam has been cute but not sleeping well (hey, that's new!) and oh yes, I picked up strawberries this morning at the farmer's market (seems early to me, but hey, I'll take it - YUM!).

AND, I am very much looking forward to a short run this Sunday. HURRAY! Sunday marks 4 weeks since I last ran, which seems like an eternity ago at this rate. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to run without any foot pain. The foot really hasn't been an issue for a few weeks, but my right leg is still pretty tight. The massages have helped that, but I have another appointment with Dr. Jamie on Monday and I'm hoping he can do a bit of alignment or something to get things back on track. I am sure it is all related, and hope that I can figure out a way to get the leg loosened up so that it isn't putting extra pressure on my foot. I have to work Sunday afternoon, and Ryan is planning a Bradbury run Sunday morning, but I'm thinking I can sneak in a 1/2 hour  over at the Bowdoin fields, where I can do a bit of walking to warm up, and then run a lap or two around the field loop, depending how things feel. Hoping for two, of course, but we'll see how it goes...

So, that is the update! Exciting, eh?!

But before you go, here are a few photo that my parents took yesterday at the playground with Sam. Sam sure is a handful, but darn, if I don't think she is just too cute :-)




No comments: