Saturday, June 23, 2012

Another 3

Sam seems to have turned a corner in the sleep department, and is pretty regularly sleeping through the night - hurray! However, she appears to have her internal clock set for a 5:00 am wake-up, so we are up pretty early almost every day. It isn't all that bad now that I can go to bed between 9:00 and 10:00 pm and sleep through myself until she wakes up, plus I've always been a morning person so I can go from dead asleep to wide awake pretty quickly. Besides, it means I have a little more time with her in the mornings, which is always nice. This morning, we worked on some of her puzzles, read a book, colored with her markers on the easel, ate breakfast, spent some time with the kitties and watched a bit of Curious George, all before 7:30am when I headed out for my run. Whew. Busy busy :-)

It was overcast and not quite as warm, but man, it sure made up for it with the humidity! I ran the short Highland Green loop and was very sweaty when I got back, even after only 26:xx minutes! The deer flies and mosquitos are out now - boo!! - but I also saw a little Red Eft, which made up for the nasty buggers a bit, and picked a few ripe blueberries from the bushes along the powerlines - yum! I guess it really is summer!!

We followed up my run with a trip to Frosty's Donuts. I don't think my three miles quite justified the two donuts I had, but they sure were delicious!! :-)

2 comments:

Scout said...

Sounds like a pretty idyllic day. Yay for sleeping through the night :D Her ear must be feeling better?

Sparkplug said...

Yes, a fun morning, although followed up by a day at work, so not quite all-round idyllic :-) And, thankfully Sam is feeling better! Amazing what those antibiotics will do.