Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hot and Heavy

No, no, not like that :-) Sorry people!

The weather people were predicting a heat wave starting today. And you know what, it turns out that this time they actually predicted the weather correctly! Imagine that!

I had intended to run yesterday, but on Monday as we were preparing to head home from Massachusetts, it became apparent that poor Sam had a cold/cough/allergy thingy. She was very unhappy. She took a long nap once we got home, and then went to bed early on Monday night. She woke up once at midnight and then didn't get up until I woke her up at 8:00 am (!). That is a sure sign our kiddo is feeling off. Sleeping until 8:00? Unheard of in our house! I managed to sleep in too, waking up at 7:00 am, looking at my watch and feeling amazed that I was still sleeping at such an hour. Then I rolled over and went back to sleep until 7:45, when I finally got up and took a shower, while Sam slept on. With such a late wake-up, I didn't get her in to daycare until 9:15, and then I had to take off for work. So no running.

Sam is still a bit off, but was cheerier this morning and up right on time :-) So I got her to daycare at her regular time and headed out for a run at 8:30. It was already getting warm (75 degrees when I got back home a little after 9am), and the air was heavy. I ran 4 miles around the Heath and called it good. Tomorrow will be another test, as I'm planning to run 3 miles in the morning, the first time running two days back-to-back since my running layoff. Keeping my fingers crossed that things will feel fine with two days of running in a row!

1 comment:

mindy said...

Great news about the running progress! Glad you got to sleep in a little and glad that Sam is feeling better. She is looking so grown up in her pictures!