Sunday, June 24, 2012

Blue Sky Sunday

Ryan had signed up for the Bands on the Run 5k before his whole training meltdown, so he decided he would go up this morning, pick up his shirt with a, and I quote, "60% chance of running the race." Hmph. Turns out he did run, and ran well enough to get third place. Yes, it was slower than he would normally run, but hey, 3rd is 3rd! :-)

So, with Ryan away, Sam and I met up with Morgan and Kristen at Wolfe's Neck this morning for some mud and sand fun. Low tide was at 9:00am this morning, and it sure was low! The sky was a brilliant blue, the osprey were chirping in their nest and I even caught a few glimpses of their little babies (2 or 3, I'm not sure), and the kids had fun sinking into the mud, squealing as the little crabs ran over their toes and playing around in the mid-calf deep water. It was the perfect morning for it!

Cousins :-)

Headed down to the water

Morgan looking at the snails and crabs

Plop!

Snacktime with a view :-)

Once we got home, had lunch and Sam went down for her nap, I went out for my run. Nothing like running at 1:00pm on a hot, cloudless day! I headed over to the Commons to get in 5 miles on some nice, flat trails. It certainly was warm, but it didn't seem quite as humid as it has been, and there was a nice breeze. In the shade, I was fairly comfortable. In the open stretches, the sun was beating down on me and the deer flies were buzzing around my head. Ah, summer running :-) Anyway, I felt out of shape, but the foot felt fine. Today's 5 miles are the longest I've run since that Monday back in early May when I decided something wasn't right and made my first appointment with Dr. Jamie. It is both exciting to be running "long" and slightly depressing that 5 miles is a "long run." Good thing there are 4+ months until Stonecat! 

1 comment:

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Super cute pics as usual!