Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Fun

Daycare was closed today so we both decided to take a long weekend, and do some fun stuff with Sam. This morning, we went down to Portland to the Children's Museum. It's a nice little museum, with some cute exhibits, and we spent a few good hours there, playing in the pond, looking at the turtles and bees, reading books, getting groceries at the grocery store and putting "haybales" on the conveyor belt at the farm. They also had a little outdoor area with some neat musical gongs and a garden, and Sam decided she needed to pick a few sugar snap peas to eat :-) Whether she was supposed to do that or not, I don't know, but I'm not complaining - she was voluntarily eating vegetables!

Playing in the pond

Chime fun

Being silly at Silly's :-)

We followed up the museum with a delicious lunch at Silly's. Sweet potato fries, a homemade quinoa/bean/veggie burger and a "Bee's Knees" milkshake (Honey, cinnamon, graham cracker and vanilla ice cream) - YUM!

Sam and I both fell asleep in the car after lunch as we headed south down to Ryan's parent's house. Dana is working as a ranger on Fridays at a nearby golf course, so we stopped there to say hello first. Sam had fun running around the putting green and rolling the golf balls into the holes :-)

Golfing fun

Did it go in?

Hi Grampie!

I think these flags need to go over here...

And then finally to finish off the day, at around 4:30, I figured I should get a run in. I put on my road shoes and headed out on the 3-mile loop. The combination of the time of day, heat and a still-full belly from my lunch made me feel a bit sluggish out there, but when I downloaded the Garmin data, I was happy to see I had managed to run a rather respectable 8:25 pace, and my leg and foot felt fine. Hurray!




No comments: