Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Whole Lotta Nothin'

Another quiet week. No running. A bit of walking. Lots of stretching. Some core strength, sit-ups and push-ups. A nice massage by my friend Shannon on Monday night. Thanks Shannon! Of course, as she was working on my legs, Shannon told me I was really tight. As in everywhere. Lovely, but not totally surprising. Oh well. The massage was great, and I think it did loosen things up a bit, although it wasn't a cure-all (darn!). I'll just have to keep on working at things.

However, we did have a great time on Sunday hosting the 2nd Cathance & Pancakes at our place. We had a big group of Trail Monsters join us for a run and breakfast. I held down the fort while Ryan led everyone on the run, and then Neighbor Kate and I cooked up some mean pancakes :-) Thanks to everyone for bringing extra goodies for the table. It was lots of fun! The funniest thing about the morning was that despite the noise of 18 of us talking and laughing downstairs, Sam slept through the din and took a 2 hour nap! Wow.

After everyone left, I wanted to get out and take advantage of the beautifully warm and sunny afternoon, so we walked over to the playground nearby for a bit.

Swinging with Daddy

Hi!

On the slide
On Monday, while Sam napped, I took a nice half hour walk along the powerlines, and did my stretches and exercises. I had hoped to walk this morning too, but it is super windy out there and is pouring like crazy. I might have gotten out to run in this weather just for fun, but to walk? Nope. It has to be better out tomorrow, so I'll go out then instead and tromp around in the puddles for a bit!

No comments: