Thursday, November 11, 2010

Antsy

Running news:

I am getting antsy. No running for 5 days will do that to a person. Or at least me! :-) I will take one more day off then go for a short run on Saturday. I actually think my legs will feel better after a run! A body in motion gets used to that motion. This hanging around with no motion does not feel good! Anyway, my plan is to stick with 3 to 4 runs per week, all low mileage, for the next month or so, just to give the body a little more down time. But after that, I have to get cracking!

Why cracking, you ask? Well, Ryan and I have schemed up a plan to run the Gator Trail 50k down in North Carolina at the end of March. I believe his hope is for a quick 50k. My hope is for a finished 50k :-) The race, which looks to be a pretty small one, is held at Lake Waccamaw State Park, a little over an hour away from my parent's house. The course is six loop on a "flat 5.2 mile loop in Lake Waccamaw State Park. Tree-lined trails and roads. Some trails are primitive." We take this to mean it should be a fast course and that we will find the trails relatively well manicured :-)

I figure a 50k at the end of March will be a good way to keep motivated over the winter, and finishing will get the DNF from Pineland monkey off my back!

---

Sam stories:

This evening before bedtime, Sam crawled over to her book shelf and proceeded to pull the books off the shelf, one by one. She loves to do this. When she reaches one she wants, she holds it out to me to read to her. Instead of just taking it, saying 'thank you' and starting to read, I've started to say, 'Would you like Mommy to read this book to you, Sam? Ask Mommy to please read the book to you.' And tonight, she signed 'please' when I said that! Awesome!

She is also loving 'high five' and will hold out her hand for you to slap over and over and over. She gets a big kick out of it :-) So cute!

This morning Ryan was holding Sam on his lap at the computer while I was getting ready to take her to daycare. For some reason, he went to youtube and searched for kid songs. This is the first one that came up. Sam was enthralled. I don't really her watching too much TV/videos, but this one was quite cute!

No comments: