Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Walking!

Sam has been taking steps for a while, but only one or two before pitching forward, to the side or to her knees. She's also gotten very good at pulling herself up onto furniture, and then twisting and turning to move in the direction she wants to go. She cruises along the furniture easily. She can balance for a good 30 seconds when standing on her own. She's also moved to just holding onto one of our hands (or even just a finger) when she walks across the room. Still, she hasn't really been walking. But today, when I picked her up from daycare, I stood her up, and she stood, balanced and steady, on her own, and then took 5 steps to me! Woohoo! I'd call that walking! Never have 5 little steps made me so proud :-)

Of course, we'll have to see if we can replicate it over these next few days, but I'd say we're on our way!

3 comments:

Scout said...

Go Sam!!!

Jamie Anderson said...

Awesome! Next step: running. Then the circle will become complete.

Sparkplug said...

I definitely think she'll be running soon! I just hope I can keep up with her :-)