Saturday, November 27, 2010

Back to Reality

We arrived back in Boston last night after an uneventful and on-time flight, where Sam made friends with everyone behind us on the plane, smiled and blew kisses at our flight attendant and as a result, got to visit with the pilots in the cockpit before we got off the plane. Many thanks to Irene and Dana for picking us up at the airport! This morning, in between leftover pie for breakfast and Sam taking a nap, I decided to go out for a short run. Ryan's achilles was complaining about all the mileage he had put in this week on pavement, so he did the smart thing and stayed home. But after sitting around all day yesterday and eating so many Thanksgiving leftovers, I really wanted to get out so I put on the warmest clothes I had in my suitcase and did the 3-mile loop from the house. It was 34 degrees out. Brrr. A definite change from my run with Sean on Thanksgiving Day! We're not in NC anymore :-) The leg felt good - hurray! - and that makes me happy. But I'm certainly planning to keep working on loosening things up, and will stick with low mileage for the next few weeks too, just to be safe.

We'll head home tomorrow, where it will be back to reality. No more grandparents to watch Sam. No more pie and other yummy leftovers. No more 60 and 70 degree weather. Ah well. It was really nice to get away for a week - we had a great vacation and it was lots of fun to see everyone! - but I know we'll be happy to be home too, and get back into our routine. And somehow, I think our wardrobe will thank us for getting back to our regular diet :-)

No comments: