Saturday, September 18, 2010

Two Runs

Friday morning, I didn't quite get up in time to get a run in before Sam woke up, and I didn't have to be at work early, so I came home after I dropped her at daycare and went for a quick 3-mile run on the powerlines before heading off to work. While I often wish I was working a more normal 9 to 5 job and didn't have to work Saturdays, it is a definite perk that I don't have to be at work at the crack of dawn, and can either get things done in the morning, or take advantage of the extra time and get a run in! It was a nice, cool morning, and it is starting to look like fall along the powerlines - the grasses are turning a golden color, while the berries on the tall bushes are beginning to turn a rich purple. The blackberry brambles and blueberry bush leaves are taking on a reddish hue, while the white and purple asters are still blooming.

This morning, we got up and went to our favorite breakfast haunt, Broadway Deli, for a yummy meal of pancakes and hash (well, for Ryan anyway!). Although Sam was pretty good, and enjoyed the people watching, she was not quite in the mood to sit around forever while Ryan and I leisurely drank cups and cups of coffee, but it was still a nice morning out. Mostly Sam just wants to be on the move these days! She has been walking behind the push toy we got her earlier this summer. And that is all she wants to do. Walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk. So cute, but painful for our backs, as we're still trailing right behind her, making sure she doesn't crash. She's not quite that steady yet :-)

After Sam went down for her nap, I headed out for my run. The pancakes were still sitting a bit heavy in my stomach, but it was just so gorgeous out, it was hard not to smile and feel great! I did the 5-mile Homeplace loop, and things felt pretty good. The knee wasn't tight, although my calf definitely was. Aie. Back on the foamroller tonight for me! The sparrows were everywhere, flitting in and out of the bushes, and I saw my friend, the Towhee, along with a Northern Flicker too. Cool.

I haven't been able to get a good photo of Sam's tooth, or a video of her walking behind the push toy, so the following photos will have to suffice :-) These were taken just before she decided she should pull all of her books from the bookshelf and all of her toys out from the toy bin. Always into something! :-)

Such a goofball :-)

Happy girl

No comments: