Thursday, September 16, 2010

New Shoes and Teeth!

OK, so the teeth aren't all the way in, but there is definitely a tooth (or maybe two?) that has popped through the surface of Sam's lower gums! Hurray! Looks like she isn't going to reach her first birthday as a gummy wonder after all! I first noticed it on Tuesday, and so far it is taking its time emerging, although Sam has been gnawing away on everything in sight, and man, let me tell you, that although it's not a full tooth yet, it is sharp! However, she has been in great spirits, despite the teething, thank goodness! We are truly lucky to have such a happy child.

As for me, I've taken the past three days off. I don't particularly like this pattern, but oh well. I definitely didn't do myself any favors by running fast on Sunday, followed by a lot of standing around in the cold, not stretching, and then, a long car ride that afternoon while Sam napped. Monday morning, I took a few steps out the door and realized the knee was super tight, so I turned right around. I've been working really hard to stretch and loosen things up, and this morning, I couldn't take it any more, so after I fed Sam at 6:30, I passed her off to Ryan and headed out for a short run. I ran the 3-mile Highland Green loop, and although I felt a bit creaky, there was no pain. I finished the loop in 24:10, which isn't too shabby in my book, and will be stretching and rolling again tonight. The plan for the next few days is to run short on Friday and Saturday, take Sunday off, and then do a longer run on Monday. With the way things are going, it looks like I'll be headed into Stonecat on the well-rested side, but I know I still have some time, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to get in at least three solid long runs over the next 6 weeks, and keep up my mid-week running, and be OK.
Inov-8 Roclite 282s

Oh yes, and last but not least, my new pair of trail shoes has arrived! They are a lovely bright teal, but hopefully that will fade with a few good runs in the mud :-) Regardless, gotta love new shoes!

2 comments:

Scout said...

I like the pic of the new shoes, but am looking forward to the one with the toothy smile!!!

Sparkplug said...

I know, I keep waiting for it to pop up a little higher! I will take a pic as soon as it is more viewable :-)