Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Early Three

Sam was up to eat this morning around 5:30 and went easily back to sleep, so I took the opportunity to get out for a quick run before she was up for the day. I actually had planned on going out with my headlamp on, but by the time I got out the door at 6:05, the light wasn't needed. As I ran up the hill by Mt. Ararat, the sky was lightening, with bands of soft pink along the horizon. Very pretty. It was nice to get out, although my knee was a bit tight, so I just stuck with the 3-mile loop through Highland Green. I know for sure that my left calf is super tight and I really need to work on loosening it up so that it will stop pulling on everything and causing the tightness along my knee. More foam rolling for me tonight!

Sam slept in until 7am, which was great. I even had a few minutes to sit on the couch with my coffee in the quiet house after I showered. Ahhhh :-)

Happy girl
Speaking of Sam, I keep looking at her in amazement - she is almost one! Which means I have an almost one-year old daughter. Wow. Even scarier, this morning at the store, I picked up a "1" candle and pink frosting to use in decorating her cake next month! It will be here before we know it. She has been changing a lot these past few weeks. She definitely has one lower tooth - it is now visible when she gives us a big smile, but doesn't show up in photos quite yet. She has discovered that she has eyelashes - quite long and pretty ones, I must say - and has taken to basically poking herself in the eye to touch them :-) Silly girl! She can now crawl over our legs, and into and out of the bottom of the "baby jail." She can also (just barely!) crawl up onto the landing at the bottom of the stairs, and is almost almost almost able to pull herself up from kneeling to standing when holding onto something. Last night she took a few steps holding onto only one of my hands, but she's still pretty wobbly! She "talks" away to us, and her toys and books, as if she's having a conversation, but truly her only words are "mama" and "dada." And although I had thought we might skip it, she is definitely in a bit of a "mama" phase right now. She is happy as a clam when I'm not around, but as soon as I come home all she wants is to be with me. It is cute, but the whining is a bit much sometimes :-) Of course, it drives Ryan nuts that he can be trying to get her to eat a particular something to no avail, but she'll open her mouth right up if I hold it out to her! Ha! But above all, she is one cute little girl (or at least we think so) :-)

2 comments:

Scout said...

Remember the TV show "Dinosaurs"? The baby dino would hit the daddy on the head with a frying pan and say, "Not the mama!" Rick will still refer to himself as "Not-the-mama" sometimes.

Sparkplug said...

Ha! That is perfect :-)