Friday, September 10, 2010

Stretch, Roll, Repeat

My exercise the past three days has consisted of lots of stretching, foam rolling (ow!), working on my core exercises (something I haven't done in approximately 18 months! Wow!), doing push-ups (I need to work on this one, as I can only do 5 in a row at this point. Seems like I should be stronger than that!) and last but certainly not least, chasing Sam around while she crawls exactly where I don't want her to go! Now that she has become a more proficient crawler, she is everywhere.

Getting into trouble!
The newest thing is participating in a game of catch with Gigi. Gigi loves her napkins. The second she hears even a slight crinkling of a napkin or paper towel, she will sit and wait for you to throw it for her, or try to wrestle it from your lap. When we finally give in and throw the paper to her, she races around like crazy playing catch with it. This works for rolled up tin foil balls too. Sam noticed me throw a wadded up paper towel for Gigi the other night, and scrambled after it, smiling and squealing with delight. Gigi hopped away as Sam approached, and Sam picked up the paper towel and waved it around, holding it out to Gigi  and then finally out to me to do it again. I took it from her, threw it, Gigi went after it and again, so did Sam. We repeated this fun "game" for a while. So cute!

She has also learned to get from a sitting position to a crawling position and then can reach up to something low and pull herself up onto her knees. I'm sure she'll be pulling up into a full standing position soon! Yesterday morning I looked around the corner to her pulling all the bibs and burp cloths, and her hats and shoes out onto the floor :-)

Pigtails!
 Another first occurred yesterday at daycare. The ladies at daycare put Sam's hair up in adorable little pigtails last night! Her hair is barely long enough to make it work, but it was so cute :-)

As for me, like I said, I've taken a few days off of running and have been really trying to loosen up all my tight muscles. I went for a short 3 mile run this morning on the Highland Green loop to see how things felt, and I am happy to say that there was no pain. Hurray! Of course, it was only 3 miles, but things felt good. I guess all this stretching and foam rolling is a good thing, and something I will absolutely continue to do! I plan to do another short run tomorrow morning and if things still feel OK, I will run the Bruiser. Gotta get that "Bad Ass" shirt!

2 comments:

Scout said...

Love the pigtails! Glad the roller is helping; you've got BadAss written all over you!

Sparkplug said...

I know, aren't the pigtails too funny?!
I am glad the roller helps too. Hurts, but helps. See you tomorrow :-)