Sunday, January 10, 2010

Morning 5 Miler

It's funny how time changes once you have a child. No longer can I just head out the door at any old time to run. It all has to be coordinated, and work with Sam's nap and feeding schedule. And as it's just too cold for us to take her out in the B.O.B. and run together at this point, so we have to switch off. It took all morning for both of us to get our runs in, but get them in we did :-) I headed out first. It was cool but bright. There was a slight wind, and a flock of robins flew overhead as I headed out onto the powerlines. It was great running to Highland Green Road - nicely packed by a lot of snowmobiles and solid due to the cold snap. Perfect. If I had had on my screw shoes, I would have continued on the powerlines instead of turning onto the pavement. Made me wish we were over running at Bradbury on the snowmobile trails. Would have been nice, I'm sure! Instead, I headed onto the roads through Highland Green, and then onto the back road to complete the lollypop. The back road is dirt, but it was plowed and nice and packed. A bit icy in spots but my Inov-8s have good traction and I was able to maintain a pretty good pace. All in all, a good run.

In other news, we've added a new toy to the roster. Our downstairs looks like a daycare center! My parents got Sam a 'baby jail,' as Ryan calls it, for Christmas, and we brought it downstairs this week. She isn't quite big enough for it, and her feet don't touch the ground, so she just sort of wobbles back and forth in it, but it's another amusement :-)

2 comments:

mindy said...

Is there a Get-Out-Of-Baby-Jail-Free card that comes with it? You're racking up the miles - it's awesome that you are finding time to get your running in!

Sparkplug said...

Thanks Mindy! And somehow I think she'll be squirming out of 'baby jail' soon enough :-) Hope all is well with you and we can see you soon!