Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bright and Early

The plan was to run on Thursday before work. Thursday was to be the day because Ryan was working from home, so he could watch Sam. Friday he was headed up to NH so that was out, and today he is headed over to NH for his first snowshoe race, so running this morning wasn't likely either. But I did not get out on Thursday. Sam seems to be going through a growth spurt and the past few nights has been up a lot. That means I have been extra tired. So, when I didn't get out on Thursday I was pretty disappointed with myself, but also made a Plan B and C in the hopes that I might actually be able to get those measley 3 miles in to round out my week. Plan B (get up before Ryan left for work on Friday) didn't work. So, it was down to Plan C - get up and run before Ryan headed out for his race on this morning.

And miracle of all miracles, Sam slept from 7:30am until 3:30pm (meaning I slept from 9:30 until 3:30), and so I felt "rested", meaning getting up at 6am to go out and run before it was time for feeding #2 seemed doable. So, by 6:15 this morning I was suited up with headlamp and vest and was out the door. I haven't been out running this early in a long time, and even when I have been out running so bright and early it has been the summer, so it has actually been light. I decided to just do the quick out-and-back on Highland Green Road via the powerlines. I did turn the headlamp on for the powerline section, but the other sections of the run were all lit by street lights, and by the return trip, the sun was rising, and I had the chance to watch as the band of pinks and oranges lit the sky up along the horizon. Beautiful.

So here I am at 7:45, a smile on my face and a cup of steaming coffee in my hand, with a sleeping baby upstairs, and my run for the day accomplished! Now that feels good :-)

1 comment:

pathfinder said...

Yeah,

It feels good when the rest of the day can no way interfere with your run!!