Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fighting for Three

Some days the run comes easy. And some days it doesn't. Today was one of those latter days. I was feeling a bit of cabin fever today from being cooped up inside the past few days, but I've also been sick, so I wasn't sure how today's run would go. I decided to just head across the street to keep things simple, but realized it could be rough going, depending on how many snowmobiles had been out on the powerlines. And rough it was, for although a few snowmobiles had been out and the snow was wet and therefore potentially good and packable, it was also unpredictable, being firm in one spot and soft the next. However, I know once a few more machines run over it and the temps drop, it's going to be back to great running!

The rest of the run was on Highland Green Road, and road running is just not all that enjoyable in screw shoes. I had hoped to run 5 miles today, but turned around at the club house, knowing I just didn't have the energy for the long loop. Ah well, I got in 3 miles and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

2 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

True that about the snowmobile paths getting better. I'm sure in a couple of days they'll be in really good shape. And hey, three miles is better than zero miles.

Sparkplug said...

thanks Jamie :-) And awesome job getting out on the xc ski trails!