Monday, January 11, 2010

4 Miles and 3 Months

I decided during yesterday's run that I would run along the powerlines for my 4-mile run today. The trail was too nicely packed not to! The temperature had warmed up to 32 degrees by the time I got out around 2:30pm this afternoon, which felt like a heat wave, and the run was great. The snowmobiles had done a great job of packing down the snow and making a wonderfully firm surface for running. I cruised along, listening to the chickadees and juncoes chirping in the bushes, and enjoying the contrast of the red winterberries against the white snow. The trail has a number of short, but steep, hills, and I felt strong on all of them, which gives me hope. It's been 3 months since Sam was born, and although I don't feel totally back to my 'old' self, it is nice to feel as though I might be getting back into shape!

Speaking of 3 months, I have been remiss in mentioning that on Saturday, Sam turned 3 months old. Wow! Crazy that 3 months has gone by. And how much she has changed in that time!

Gone is the alien-baby look, and the little one who was engulfed by the "Mommy, Daddy, Me" 3-month onesie impulse buy purchased by Ryan.


Sam, 10 days old

In her place is an adorable (at least we think so!), smiling, wiggly, alert and curious little girl, who fills out said onesie (or at least mostly fills it out! It is still loose around her mid-section. She's gotten bigger, but she isn't exactly big!).


Sam, 3 months, 2 days

There is not an official 3 month doctor's visit, so I can't tell you any of the vital statistics, but she seems to be thriving, and so what can we say? We're feeling pretty lucky right now!

No comments: