Friday, January 29, 2010

20

This morning's 3 miler brought my weekly mileage up to 20. Woohoo! First 20 mile week in a long while. I feel like I've been running strong this month, but I haven't exactly been running much. Taking care of Sam and juggling both Ryan and my work schedules have meant that I've really only been able to get in four days of running a week this month. Perhaps this is a good thing. It certainly has kept me from coming back too quickly and getting hurt after my time off.

Today I headed out at 7:30am across the street. With the temperature reading 10 degrees and the wind blowing, it was a marked change from Wednesday's run! I think it was around 40 degrees on Wednesday when I went out for my 5 mile run through Highland Green. It was warm enough that the ice was melting and I was carefully tiptoeing across some of the frozen puddles along the back road in the development. No need to be fearful of falling into the water today! Instead, I was trying not to slip on the ice or step into any holes in the snowdrifts on the powerlines. What a change a few days make - winter certainly returned with a vengeance!

In Sam news, this morning during naked time, (Yes, we do naked time. She loves it and it is good for her bum, which suffers from being cooped up in diapers all day long.) she rolled over from her stomach to her back. She looked a bit surprised. I cheered and turned her back over, wondering if she could repeat the feat. She did. I cheered and turned her back over again. By this time, Ryan had come back into the room and was lamenting the fact that he had missed 2 rolls. No need to fear, she did it again. And again. And again. 5 rolls in all. I think we can safely say she knows how to roll over :-) She is also "talking" up a storm, making lots of cooing noises and trying out different sounds. It is really cute!

No comments: