Saturday, January 9, 2010

Loopdeloop

I didn't get the 4 mile run I had planned in on Thursday. Or on Friday. And today, after feeding Sam at 5:45am, I went back to bed instead of getting up to run. So I thought all was lost. I was feeling pretty disappointed with myself. I wasn't going to get another run in this week. But Ryan went above and beyond, and kicked me out the door at 8am after feeding #2 so that I could get my run in before heading to work and leaving him at home with Sam all day. Hurray for a good hubby :-)

Since I was pressed for time, I simply ran across the street and did loops on the high school road. It was windy. And boring. But I got in the miles, got home, got changed and organized, fed Sam and headed out the door on time to work. I was a bit of a wreck though. I haven't been away from Sam for more than a few hours at a time since she was born. I knew that Ryan could handle it, but was worried. It is tough work being at home all day with a 3 month old baby! I hoped she would be good and take her bottles and not be too much to handle. I also hoped that I would be OK away from her for 7 hours! Of course, I was much more productive at work than I have been on the days she's been in with me, but it wasn't quite as much fun :-)

I kept checking in with Ryan throughout the day, and found that Sam picked today to take an almost 2 hour morning nap along with 2 good 45 minute afternoon naps! Sheesh! He had it easy :-)

No comments: