Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Raspberries and Apples

I got out for the 5.25 mile out-and-back on the powerlines this morning. The legs were a bit stiff, but definitely felt more lively than they had on Sunday! The miles flowed pretty easily and it was nice to be out. A pretty morning.

After a quick shower and few errands around town, I stopped by the Brunswick Farmer's Market to pick up a few ingredients for a quinoa stew I am planning to make later this week. However, I just could not resist picking up a pint of beautiful looking red raspberries, or a bag of early season, tart Macintosh apples. The best of both worlds - a bit of summer sweetness and a hint of cool, crisp fall. Life is good.

2 comments:

mindy said...

Quinoa stew! Yum! I like making my quinoa with chicken broth or sometimes apple cider vinegar. Fall is definitely on its way to Maine - I can't wait!

Sparkplug said...

Ummm... Adding broth instead of water sounds like a good, flavorful idea. I'll have to remember that! As for the stew: quinoa, one can of chopped tomatoes, a bit of broth, carrots, zucchini, squash, pepper, onion, garlic, fennel, cumin, coriander and chili powder. Sprinkle some cheese and cilantro on top, and viola! Nice and easy, and tasty too :-)