Saturday, September 27, 2008

Misty Morning

The room seemed extra dark when I woke up this morning, and I wondered if I had set the alarm correctly. But yes, it was 6:30am. The low clouds, fog and steady mist were just making it look extra dreary out there. I set off to run 5 miles in the Commons, and had the woods to myself. It was quiet and a bit soggy, but not too bad. Actually I got the most wet in the middle mile, where the trail narrows and winds through a field. The grasses and undergrowth were holding the water and from my legs down I got soaked as I went out to the end of the Commons and headed back in.

My legs are still a bit stiff, and I think I need to do a better job of stretching, but overall, I felt good during the run. Hopefully one more mellow run tomorrow, and I'll be set for our long run on Monday.

Tomorrow also involves a trip to the Maine Running Company. I ordered a pair of replacement Inov-8 shoes 6 weeks ago, and they are still on back order. Yikes! I don't know when they'll be in but I hope it's soon. In the meantime, I think I need to go check out their other Inov-8s. Mine are pretty much done for, and I don't know how much longer I can wait without getting a new pair. Perhaps I can also find new running tights there. I've been wearing tights that were Snowman's at some point, and they are from our Bowdoin days. As we graduated over 10 years ago, I think it's officially time to retire them!

1 comment:

sn0m8n said...

Finally. Those tights are icky.