Thursday, September 25, 2008

Long 10

Today's run felt long. It was the same route I ran the week before we left on vacation, but the miles seemed to stretch on forever. I am not sure that is a good thing...

I was up and out on the roads a bit before 6:30am. I headed out of town to Maquoit Bay, where the newly hayed fields along the water were being hit by the golden early morning light. Gorgeous. A number of ducks were out on the calm waters.

As I eventually turned onto Casco, I passed a pond where 5 mallard ducks were all butts-up in the water, searching for food below. Always funny to look and see the bottom half of a duck sticking up! Made me smile :-)

Other than that, not much to report. I felt OK. No trouble cardiovascularly, but my legs just felt a bit stiff, like they didn't want to move. Creaky knees through mile 5, and overall just a feeling of not much juice. Still, I was glad to see that my time was essentially the same as the last time out on the route. 1:25. So who knows?

I'm hoping a mellow 5-miler on Saturday in the Commons will give my legs a final loosening up and get me back in the groove of running, so I'll be good to go for our long run either Sunday or Monday.

No comments: