Saturday, September 6, 2008

8 in the Commons

This morning, when Snowman headed off to meet up with the Trail Monster Runners, I made my solitary way to the Commons for my run. I was bummed to not be able to meet up with everyone for a run at Pinelands. Sounds like I missed a big crash by Snowman too! But unfortunately, I had to get to work and therefore driving 30 minutes to run for over an hour starting at 7am just wasn't in the cards. Ah well, maybe next time.

My schedule was calling for 5 miles, but I had already decided the night before that I would try to run 8 instead. That would put the week at 30 miles, which seemed solid. Plus, this coming week is likely to be a bit lower mileage-wise, so getting in a good week this week before we headed on vacation and didn't run for 10 days (although we'll be working hard hiking!), seemed like a good idea. But I wanted to run the 8 on trails, not on the roads. So, I figured I would go to the field house, run a field loop, head into the Commons, do a fair amount of circling around on the various small loops and out-and-back trails, then do another field loop and it would be good. That's pretty much what happened.

It was a foggy morning and heavy. Not much to say about the run. Pretty uneventful, but a good end to the week.

No comments: