Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday Run

After taking the day off yesterday, I got out this morning for a run along the powerlines. I actually had intended to run yesterday, but Snowman is sick (and very angry about it!), I don't want to get sick and was feeling pretty tired, so decided taking the day off was better than getting in another 3 miles this week. Another chilly start to the morning, but bright beautiful blue skies so I can't complain. I did the same route as last Friday. It's really quite a nice run, with some long flat stretches but also a few good hills.

Flora and fauna report for today: Saw two mallards down by Topsham Crossing, as well as a cardinal and many sparrows along the way. The forsythia are brilliant yellow, and other trees and shrubs are beginning to bud. Also noticed one small patch of purple violets down by my turn-around point near the church.

Another sure sign of spring is that the Brunswick Farmer's Market is open on the town green! Hurray :-) I stopped by on my way into work and picked up some fresh picked spinach and lettuce to make a salad tonight. Yum. There are also a lot of farmers there with plants and herbs, so I'll have to stop back in a few weeks to pick up some new plants for my garden.

No comments: