Thursday, May 8, 2008

Quick 3-Miler

I had every intention of running 5 miles this morning. But when the alarm went off, I could hear the rain falling on the skylights, and didn't feel like moving. Eventually Snowman arose as he was headed to NH for a morning meeting. I got up and got the coffee going, got his lunch packed, and it was still raining. I decided I would put off today's run. I could always run after work... Or make up some of the mileage tomorrow... OK, so if I wasn't going to run, I decided to start cleaning. I got the downstairs dusted and vacuumed, and realized it had stopped raining. It was 7:55. I could squeeze in a 3 mile run if I hurried. So I did some quick stretching, put on my shoes and headed out the door and across the street to the Mt. Ararat trails for a run. I'm glad I decided to go for it, as I know that I am not really an after-work sort of runner. I much prefer to run in the morning, and have it done. It feels like a good start to the day to get a run in before work. I have to admit that my work makes it easy to run in the mornings. I don't even have to get up all that early. Definitely a perk of the job to not have to be to work until 9:30 or 10:00, depending on the time of year!

In other news, yesterday on my way home from work, just after passing the New Meadow River in Bath, a beautiful bald eagle flew overhead, swooping down low over Rt. 1. Neat!

No comments: