Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mornings with Snowman

I am a morning person. Snowman is not. That pretty much sums up our attitude's about this morning's run.

Snowman decided to join me this morning for a short 3-mile jaunt down the powerlines across the street. Since we're gearing up to leave for Meghan and Chris's wedding in Aruba tomorrow morning at o-dark-thirty, today is bound to be a day of getting as caught up as possible on work mixed with a bit of rushing around making sure we're all set and ready to go. So, he figured an early run made sense. Only he was very grumpy about it.

I can get up and be wide awake within a few minutes. I enjoy my early morning runs, with the birds chirping and the flowers blooming. It's a great way to start the day. Plus it means I've gotten my run done and don't have to worry about doing it later.

Snowman on the other hand, takes hours to feel awake, and is definitely a night owl, so he was Mr. Crankypants this morning. It's cold! (It was 47 degrees and nice and sunny). You're going too fast! You're running on the wrong side of the driveway! Geez, man, calm down. It's a beautiful morning.

But, in his defense, if we were to go for a run in the evening, which is when he's feeling at his best, I would probably be Ms. Crankypants!

Now, it's off to work. When we sign in next, it will be from sunny, hot Aruba! Bring on the SPF 70!

1 comment:

sn0m8n said...

Morning people are bad people.