Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ladyslippers Galore!

I went for a very slow 3-mile run in the Commons this morning. After the race and doing nothing yesterday, the legs weren't really feeling too frisky, but things did loosen up a bit into the run. Overall, I can't complain too much with how I feel after the race. Sore quads, some chafing (ugh!) and definitely tired overall, but nothing major. So, it was good to get out and get the blood flowing. It is another beautiful morning, and the highlight of the run was the profusion of pink ladyslippers in the Commons. They seem to love the area, and today they did not disappoint. I was 90+ ladyslippers! Wow! When I told Snowman, he was incredulous, and said when he goes out to do the same loop, he's bound to see 4 or 5... but I swear, they are there!

No results from the race, but we are all anxious to see how Sonic Death Monkey placed in the overall team standings! Stay tuned...

No comments: