Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dinner with Tank and Willow plus 3

Last night we met Tank and Willow at Gritty's in Freeport for dinner. We hadn't seen them since we were on the AT in 2005, so it was fun to catch up! Amazing that 3 years has gone by... wow! They are thinking about Portland as a possible new home, and are up visiting this weekend from VA. We would love to have them as neighbors. Go Portland! They are also amongst the crew that is joining us at the Pineland Farms Trail Challenge tomorrow, so after we've all suffered during the run, we should have a great group to hang out with at the BBQ!

This morning I headed out for a quick 3 mile run in the Commons. Did the "regular" loop, and felt much livelier than my other short runs this week, which made me happy!

The Commons were nice and quiet, just me, the singing birds and the emerging wildflowers. I am constantly amazed at the variety of native wildflowers in the Commons. Amongst the rhodora, blueberry bushes, star flowers and wild oats, the bunchberries and the first pink ladyslippers of the season are starting to show their faces. I always love the magestic looking ladyslippers, and am always happy to look for them in the woods. I thought I might miss them this year with us being away in Aruba next week, so it was great to see them!

No comments: