Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Into the Commons

I headed over to the Commons this morning for my run. Sometimes it seems silly to drive over to the field house when I can run right from home on the powerlines, but the Commons are nice and mellow, and that was what I wanted today. I started with a field loop and then headed into the Commons. My legs felt a bit leaden, perhaps because I didn't run yesterday and probably didn't do quite enough stretching after the 12 mile Pinelands run on Monday. Oh well. Ran the 6 miles a bit slower than I've done it in the past few weeks, but that isn't really a problem. I know I often run too fast, anyway.

Regardless of the leaden legs, it was good to be out on a beautiful morning.

Flora and fauna report: Bluets are making their appearance in amongst the grasses and along the field edges. Also saw some starflowers and one patch of what I believe is Trailing Arbutus. No ladyslippers yet, but hopefully within the next few weeks.

No comments: