Monday, June 25, 2018

Summertime!

Friday was Sam's last day of third grade. The whole school week was filled with fun activities like a 3rd grade picnic, a walk to Dairy Queen and field day. Sounds like a great way to finish up the year to me!

Wet sponge toss at field day ;)

Field day fun

We got a really nice note from Sam's teacher telling us how much she had enjoyed having Sam in class this year. "I just love her smile and the laughter she brings to each day. She is lovely." 💗 We are truly lucky to have such a great kid and are so proud of her for all that she does, how hard she works and her overall attitude, despite the times here and there when she drives us nuts 😆 It's amazing how much she has grown, and wow, 4th grade just seems crazy!!

Got up early on Friday morning to get in my run. A bright and beautiful morning for a run on the Cathance trails. The river is crazy low. Saw five deer. Overall, I am feeling pretty good coming back from Laurel, although my mind is a bit ahead of my legs as it was just so nice out, I wanted to just go on forever and my legs were like, hey lady, we just ran 70 miles two weeks ago 😉 (7.0 miles)

Sunrise over the Heath

Peek a boo, I see you! (One of the five deer seen on the run)

After dropping Sam off, I ran around at a slightly frenzied pace for 4 hours getting errands done, the car packed up and the house cleaned before picking her up at noon. We headed downtown to have Japanese food and gelato in celebration of the end of the school year and the start of summer! 😄

Happiness is gelato and the start of summer!

From there, we picked up Ryan and headed north for our traditional Acadia end of school weekend! This year, my parents joined us, which was a lot of fun. We met up for a yummy dinner and then went back to our campsite to enjoy some of the Somes Sound views, glow sticks, sparklers, and smores over the fire. A pretty good start to the weekend!!

Somes Sound view

Water's edge

Celebrating summer on island!

😂😆😃

Evening light

We have glowsticks!

Yay camping!

Chomp!

Sparkler fun

Happy kid

Glowing fire, glowing sparkler












No comments: