Friday, June 29, 2018

Catch Up

This week has been busy! We got home late on Sunday night. Thankfully we didn't have to get Sam out of the house early on Monday morning as she was hanging out for the day with my parents while we went to work, but we still had to get her all packed up and ready to head to NC and there were piles of laundry and lots of camping stuff to put away. Tuesday morning, I got up early and ran on the cart paths. It was a cool, damp morning with lots of fog and rising mist. (6. 0 miles)

Then we all left the house around 7:30 am, Sam and my parents for a 9 hour drive and Ryan and I to work. After work, Ryan joined me at the Tedford annual meeting and then we went out for dinner and drinks at Frontier to celebrate! Cheers! 🍷🍸


Wednesday morning, I ran out on the powerlines in search of wood lilies and blueberries. A bit too early for both but you never know, and indeed, I did find a few patches of ripe berries. Yum! Lots of sheep laurel blooming, sweet smelling hay-scented ferns and birdsong. (5.4 miles)





After work, I finally got the tent, tent fly and pop-up tent set up out front and dried out. Yup, they'd been sitting still wet and in their bags in the back of my car for a few days. What can I say, we've been busy! Oops! 😁

Thursday was finally a quiet, but rainy, evening and after a yummy meal of tacos, we watched the first of The Hobbit movies. Fun!

This morning, I did a few errands and then met up with Val at Brad at 9:30 am for a run. She had a lot of miles on her legs from the past few days, so we kept it nice and mellow, which was perfectly fine with me and which was just as well given the warm, heavy humidity in the air. It was great to catch up with Val as we ran along and I was happy to have my legs feel good. After, we went for a nice lunch and then I got the grocery shopping and cleaning done. And now, we are watching the 2nd Hobbit movie :) A good Friday indeed! (7.6 miles)



No comments: