Thursday, June 21, 2018

Back at It

Have gotten in a few runs this week. I have been really congested from either allergies or some sort of cold or both and I'm still tired but it is really nice to be out running again and I am happy to have my legs feeling decent! Keeping it nice and easy the next few weeks and just enjoying being out there!

Monday was a short run on an overcast morning around the Heath. (4.3 miles)


Yesterday was a beautiful, cool morning with lots of wildlife sightings, including a fledgling (or almost?) cardinal hopping around the parking lot with its parents squaking nearby. I tried to shoo it along to the edge and it eventually hopped over near a car. When I returned, it was gone so hopefully it made it somewhere safer! Also saw three deer, one snowshoe hare and had a pileated woodpecker fly-by. The river is running really really low right now, but still pretty. And out along the powerlines, the sheep laurel is out in full force. Love their color against all the greenery. (6.2 miles)



Some fun photos of Laurel courtesy of Tim Toogood Photography. I am looking pretty serious in all of them ;) and am soaked in each one (so humid!) but they do a good job of showing the beauty of the course, although none of them capture any of the rocky portions ;) Thanks, Tim!
















No comments: