Saturday, June 16, 2018

Recovery

Feeling pretty much recovered at this point, but I'll only know for sure once I put on the shoes and head out for the run whether that feeling is real or not ;) I told myself I wouldn't run for 7 days so since I finished at 12:06 on Sunday morning, technically I should wait until Monday but I might not be able to resist! I mean, the watch says I'm recovered ;) #iamsobadatresting


Wednesday afternoon during Sam's swim practice, I headed to the track and walked 2 miles. Worked up a bit of a sweat and felt good. (2.0 miles walked)

Yesterday, I headed over to the Cathance for a walk. It was a nice, cool but damp morning. The river is running very low and I was able to rock hop out at the bottom of the second falls to a beautiful clump of swamp iris. So pretty. Lots of bullfrogs in the vernal pool. Also saw a snowshoe hare and a red eft, only my second sighting this season, so made me very happy :) (2.3 miles walked)






I stopped later at the farmer's market and picked up some fresh produce including these delicious and beautiful bright red strawberries. 


Also got a wonderful massage from my friend Lauren and walked up the street for lunch at the Union Street Bakery and had a yummy breakfast sandwich. Delish!


The rest of the day was spent tackling the usual Friday chores, but it was nice to spend the morning doing some relaxing things if I couldn't be out running! :)

No comments: