Friday, June 30, 2017

Summer

Change of routine is always a bit rough, and after a fun but tiring weekend up in Acadia, Sam wasn't feeling all that excited to go to camp on Monday morning. There were a few tears and it was tough to drop her off and not know if she was having a good day until I picked her in the afternoon. Thankfully, she did end up having a great day and really enjoyed it, and has been loving it all week now that she's settled in. Aren't we all like that in a way? A bit fearful, perhaps, of change, but excited, and ultimately, hopefully, happy to be where we're going once we get there?




Looks like fun to me!! :)

---

Tuesday, I was up and out early on a nice, cool morning for 6 miles on the cart paths.

Wednesday, I hit the Cathance trails in the early morning. It was a two deer, slippery root and bog bridge, really wet grass from dew and overnight rain, cool air, 50 degree, beautiful along the river on a bright and sunny morning type of run. A good 7 miles to start the day.


This morning after dropping Sam off at camp, I headed over to Bradbury. It had rained on and off through the morning, and although the rain stopped just prior to my arrival, there was an insane amount of humidity and the air was like soup. In fact, wunderground said 100% humidity. Doesn't that mean rain?!? Needless to say, I was saturated almost as soon as I started, and the rocks and roots were insanely slippery along the trails. I decided I would run the mountain side and get in some hills, so I meandered up and around the summit, up and down Lunchbreak and back around again. A good, if incredibly soggy, 8 hilly miles for the day.


Hoping things will dry out at least a little bit for tomorrow morning's long run, but if not, I'll just suck it up and deal :) Ah, summer!

No comments: