Sunday, June 11, 2017

First Beach Day of the Season

With Ryan off in the mountains today, Sam and I hit the road to Crescent Beach this afternoon after she had a morning playdate with one of her friends. It seemed like the right thing to do this afternoon, as after all the car thermometer was reading 91 degrees. Whew! I guess summer has arrived! ;)

Down by the ocean, the wind was whipping and it didn't feel quite as toasty but it was plenty warm enough for sitting on the beach, digging in the sand and walking along the shore. The water was downright frigid and I didn't do more than stick my toes in once ;) Sam might have gone in a little further but not much! Still, it was a fun afternoon at the beach, followed up by a girl's night out for sushi and ice cream. Yum! I'd call it a successful first beach day of the season!










No comments: