Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Cooler

I am sure the heat and humidity of summer are not gone, but I must say, man was it nice to have the air feel a bit drier and cooler the past few days!

I didn't sleep well Sunday night, and as Ryan said after the fact, it was touch and go there for a bit, but I finally dragged my butt out of bed and out the door to run Monday morning ;) Ran the cart paths for an uneventful 6 miles, stopping to pick a baggie full of blackberries along the powerlines at the end of the run. Can't pass those up!

Tuesday morning dawned clear and fairly cool. There were pockets of cold air down in the low valleys - ah, that felt good! - and hardly any humidity. Not to mention no deer flies! Yah!!!! I ran 7 miles out in the Cathance. Sunrise is getting later now, and I waited until 5:20 to head out. Stopped along the backside of the Heath to check out the view and enjoy the beautiful soft light of the sunrise over the bog. Really pretty. Picked some highbush blueberries there, a few final end-of-the-season raspberries out along the edge of the quarry, and stopped yet again along the powerlines for more blackberries. Felt good and so nice to not be drenched in sweat within the first mile of a summer run!




No comments: