Saturday, January 16, 2016

Busy Snowy Day

Today ended up being a pretty busy day despite the snowstorm. It had looked OK when I woke up, but as I headed out around 7:30 for my run, it started to hail and freezing rain, and a nice icy sheen had settled atop the pavement as I ran across the street. It was slow, slippery going, even with screwshoes. I decided to run over to Wicked Joe and access the groomed xc stuff from there. This was good in theory, but the groomed snow was extremely soft and not well packed, so I felt like all the energy I was expending was just sinking right into the snow and there was no real give-back. Once off the golf course, I headed out around the Heath and down to the river again, but honestly, was not enjoying myself as much as I had yesterday and things just felt slow. Ah well, they can't all be great. I ended up with 5.5 miles on a rather nasty morning.

Soon after I got home, the hail turned to snow, big white fluffy flakes. We had a TMR meeting scheduled at Frontier, with a few hardy souls braving the road conditions. Sam was really good for the 2 1/2 hours we were there, and even got a fancy drink ;) Yum!

A bit of sunshine on a snowy day

When we got home, the skies were clearing so we suited up and headed across the street for a short ski, as Sam really wanted to try out her new skis! It was a bit tricky in the ungroomed snow but we had fun!

Out skiing

Happy skiers

Making tracks

Skiing

Fun skiing

As the sun sets

Post-storm vista

Of course, there was also this... you know, she had such a day, gotta relax ;)

Such a rough life ;)



No comments: