Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Singin' in the Rain

Work has been nuts the past few days, and I didn't sleep last night because the cats were running around like crazy, jumping up on the clothes drying rack and trying to knock over all the presents. Ryan said I looked like hell this morning. Well, thanks, honey. Needless to say, I did not get out in the dark to run at 6:00 am. 

But I knew I would feel better if I got in a run, so I took off a bit early from work and headed out into the pouring rain for a run. I decided to run the BTLT trails and parked near the community garden off Baribeau. Things were insanely squishy, squashy, and yes, it sure should be snow as it is December 22nd and the first day of winter, but man, was it fun to stomp through the puddles and run the trails in the late afternoon gloom. A great stress reliever! I had a great time and even ran the new labyrinth in the woods at the end of the run. Got in a lovely, wet, puddle stomping 5 miles, finishing up just before dark.

 

No comments: