Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Foggy Morning Run

John had texted me last week to see if I was up for running on Wednesday morning. I said sure, but with the caveat that I was not going to be fast! Of course, his fast is different from my fast and his legs are a whole lot longer than mine, so I was working a bit to keep up in parts today but it was nice to push a little bit at least. My hip/butt is feeling much better but I am still feeling rather slow. That's OK though; hopefully the power will come back soon enough.

We headed out a few minutes before 6:00 am into the foggy, misty darkness. I could hardly see a darn thing as the light from my headlamp seemed to simply illuminate the mist and not actually show me much of what was ahead of me :) We chose to run the cart paths, which was a good call, as at least there weren't many obstacles in our way! We had fun chatting away as we ran, and scared up a deer on hole #9, his white tail bounding away through the mist in front of us. The sky was just beginning to lighten as we finished up with just under 6 miles.

Fun to have some company for the morning, and knowing John was expecting me definitely kept me from staying in bed, which is probably what I would have done if we hadn't already set up a run :)

No comments: