Friday, June 12, 2015

24 Turned 12

Was intending on my long run today but it didn't quite pan out that way. I headed out after dropping Sam off at school a little after 9:00 am. It was sunny, warm and humid, and pretty much right off the bat I didn't feel great. Nothing major just an overall feeling of blah. I was ready to call it at mile 3. Ha. Of course, I texted Ryan and told him so, and he said, "keep going." And really, I was down by the river so I didn't have too much of a choice ;) I continued on the 8 mile loop I had been intending to run 3 times back home. I was covered in bugs and sweat and man, there was no way I was going to finish those miles. But still, I didn't want to quit just yet, so I went back out for a short loop around the Heath and finished up with 12 miles in 2 hours. Then I went and got a big ice cream and felt much better ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ice cream is a magical cure-all :)