Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Cathance x 2

Two 6+ mile runs in the Cathance the past few days, on essentially the same route. Monday morning was overcast and humid but cool. I kept the pace mellow. The river is very low right now and the woods are that lush green that comes with early summer. Startled a doe and her little spotted fawn along the river - the mom was not happy with me, she was snorting away, but it was a neat sighting! Also saw a big turtle laying eggs in the sand at the edge of the old fire road as I headed up to the back dirt road. Cool.

Hard to tell from the photo but she was pretty big!

This morning, Shannon met up with me for a slight variation on yesterday's route, essentially extending the along the river portion as much as we could. It was drizzly and very humid, but we had fun chatting away as we ran along. No wildlife sightings this morning, I'm sure we were too loud yammering on :) Ha!

---

This is the last week of kindergarten for Sam. It is hard to believe that the year is almost over! She has really blossomed this year. It is wonderful to see her grow and learn so much, but also bittersweet - she is getting to be such a big kid and it really is amazing how time flies!

I have been blessed to be able to volunteer in her classroom 2 times a month all year. I have loved having the chance to get to know the kids and to help Sam's teacher out, even if it did mean that I often spent time in the copy room :) Still, it gave me great insight into Sam's day and allowed me just a glimpse of her world, her friends, her teacher, and for that I am truly thankful. As a thank you gift, the class sent home this adorable bag - isn't it so sweet?! I love it!


No comments: