Friday, June 26, 2015

Fun Friday

The funny thing about me is that I am incredibly organized and methodical with the vast majority of things in my life, but when it comes to running, even though I love the idea of a training plan, I have a hard time sticking to it. In keeping with that, today's run turned into tomorrow's 10 mile run and I'll have to do today's 20 tomorrow. I got up a little after 4:00 am, which really is too early, even for me, and padded downstairs in the dark to get myself ready. My stomach was big time not happy with me, likely due to last night's dinner of cold Little Caesar's pizza courtesy of Sam's friend's birthday party. Bad idea, apparently. I also discovered a few minutes before I was set to go out that my bladder had leaked all night long, creating a big pool of water in Sam's booster seat and saturating my pack. Oh yah. I tried to figure out what had happened but was feeling pressed for time and didn't want to wake my parents up by walking through the room to go up to the loft to find another alternative, and really didn't want to wear a soggy pack, and knew I needed to get out the door so I could get back and be able to get to my Dr. Jamie appointment on time, so honestly flip flopping the days and running 10 miles seemed like the best option. I realize I am making excuses for why I didn't get out for 20 miles this morning, but hey, this is my life and I stand by my excuses ;)

Anyway, I got in 10 miles by doing the cart path x2. It was a beautifully crisp morning, perhaps a bit more humid than yesterday but still pretty nice. My stomach felt off but my legs felt fine.

Later after a yummy lunch at Big Top and gelato at Gelato Fiasco, we headed to the bike path. The deal was that if Sam didn't want to hike, which was what I really wanted to do, that she had to bike out to the 1 mile marker and back. And she did it! It was a gorgeous blue sky afternoon and a good day for a fast walk - it was tough to keep up with our fast biker!! ;)

Eastern Swallowtail along the bike path

Out biking

Fast biker!

Along the river

Cruisin'

Silly bike path selfie ;)

Beautiful day!

Sammy selfie :)

No comments: