Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Screwshoe Runnin'

There hasn't been much good screwshoe running this winter. Not enough snow early on, and then too much. This morning I decided I would go out without my snowshoes on the powerlines and see if it was finally good screwshoe running! There has been a fair amount of traffic out there, but the snow is still amazingly soft. It just has not completed compacted; I suppose it has simply been too cold. That being said, it was decent running and I managed 6 miles out and back on the trails in a little over an hour. It was a nice morning, cold but no wind, and once again, I hardly needed my headlamp!

Looks like more snow coming tonight/tomorrow, so the trails will need more traffic if that's the case, but perhaps I'll be able to sneak one more screwshoe run in tomorrow morning before the trails need another round of packing.

No comments: