Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Short

This week's theme (well, aside from Saturday) is short runs. I ran the same loop as Monday this morning but added on one piece in the middle to get in another mile. As Ryan said, you might as well run four one day so you can get a 60 mile week. Ha!

The weather for Saturday is looking quite toasty. Just another element to keep things interesting out there, but it will mean it's extra important to drink and eat and not go out too fast. The goals of running strong and smart and finishing with a smile on my face remain the same, but perhaps the "reach" goal becomes a bit more of a reach. We'll just have to see.

In other news, yesterday was Sam's kindergarten assessment. Apparently they have changed the assessments and all school throughout the state are assessing incoming kindergarteners this week with the same tools, etc. I felt like I was back in school myself there for  bit, sitting in the guidance counselor's office filling out a questionnaire on Samantha and her development ;) Sam seemed nonplussed about the whole thing, and came out smiling, telling me afterward that she got to play with playdough, catch a ball with one hand, two hands and her foot ("That was a bit tricky," she said), cut along the line with scissors, draw shapes (The cross, she said, "was a bit awkward" for her to do), and play I Spy with letter sounds. I'm curious to know how she stands in relation to the other 49 kindergarteners that they assessed yesterday, but I suppose that isn't the sort of thing they tell you straight up. In any event, she seems very comfortable at Woodside and while I'm sure there will be some bumps in the transition this fall, I think it is going to be a good place for her.

No comments: