Sunday, June 1, 2014

Commons, Coleman Farm and Pennelville Run with Amy

Amy and I haven't had a chance to catch up and run in person in a while. With life being fairly busy for both of us, the chance came this morning but at 6:30 am :-) I snuck out the back door and we drove over to the Bowdoin field house. Surprisingly there were no other cars in the lot ;) It was a lovely morning and we headed out onto the trail to the Commons. As we meandered along the initial rooty singletrack, Amy made the comment that I really do know these trails. I laughed and told her that yup, I've been running these trails since 1998. I should know them by now, right?!

Out in the Commons proper, the ladyslippers were out and the rhodora was in bloom underneath the pitch pines. Further along, out in the expanse that is Pennelville, the Bobolinks were chatting and calling out in the fields. We ran through the dewy grass onto the Coleman Farm property, the ocean greeting us at the end of the peninsula, the water sparkling in the early morning sun. We took a jaunt further out into Pennelville before turning around at 6 miles, so we could get back to the parking lot at 10 miles.

It was great to chat away the miles, and really nice to share the trails and area I love to run so much with a friend. Thanks for the run, Amy! Of course, we stopped at Frosty's for a donut after the run too :-)

No comments: