Friday, June 27, 2014

Beautiful Day

Today was too beautiful a day to waste on a short run, so since I had time after my half day of work, I headed over to Bowdoin and ran out through the Commons and Pennelville to Simpson's Point. I was surprised at how warm it was out, especially as I ran through the pitch pine forest in the Commons, but once I got out into the fields at Pennelville, there was a nice breeze. The fields were a sea of green grasses, yellow buttercups, white daisies and purple cow vetch. A few swallows, red winged blackbirds, and of course, the Bobolinks, flitted about. White fluffy clouds hung in the blue sky above, and the air was sweet with the smell of the white tea roses, blooming in the sand along the roadside. Along the second pond back in the Commons, I saw a few little turtles sunning themselves on logs at the pond's edge, and what I am pretty sure was a Green Heron, taking off from the shallows, its back slate gray and legs a bright yellowy-orange. Neat.

The legs felt decent, if a little tired toward the end of the run, but it was lovely to be out on a sunny day, running to the ocean. Got in 9.25 in 1:25.

No comments: